Get warmth from under your feet – safely, silently, economically – with
RugBuddy® under rug heating
It's easy to feel warm and cut the chill of cold floors and ankle level draughts.
- Measure rug
- Choose a slightly smaller RugBuddy
- Order online or call 0333 121 0160
- Receive RugBuddy by courier (in 2–3 days)
- Unpack, lay RugBuddy on underlay
- Cover with rug, plug in
- Enjoy the warmth from your rug (in 20 mins)
The Plug In Heater That Saves on Bills
With RugBuddy under rug heating, your rug becomes a source of radiant heat cutting down on draughts and providing warmth just where you need it.
You can save money too.
Energy Saving Trust says you save £85 per year for every 1degC you turn down your central heating thermostat.
RugBuddy users are reporting setting their thermostats 3degC lower.
This saves them a very useful £255 each year running their gas central heating. And their boilers produce 1000 kg (1 tonne!) less carbon dioxide as a result, according to the figures.
The RugBuddy only costs a few pence per hour to run.
For example, a typical 125 x 160cm size is 250 Watts and costs just 4p per hour. That’s 1/8th (12.5%) the cost of running a fan heater!
In the video I explain how easy the RugBuddy electric heater is to use and how you can use it to keep warm while saving on your bills.
Why Floor Heating is Best
But if your radiator is a distance away you probably don’t feel any warmer.
Worse, radiators produce strong convection currents as they heat the air leading to cold draughts at floor level.
What you need is a source of warmth where you spend your time so you can turn down/ turn off the central heating.
A RugBuddy is ideal to have in front of your favourite chair or sofa, under the kitchen table, or under the desk in your office/ study.
Creating a warm zone in this way is what Americans call ‘Area Heating’ and is very popular in the US.
RugBuddy under rug heating gives you a discreet electric heater hidden from view. You are spared the nightmare clutter created by traditional portable heaters.
And it’s safe on tiles, wood, laminate, and carpet. Not yet approved on vinyl.
RugBuddy on BBC Radio 2 (Interview)
Click on the image to listen
How RugBuddy® Compares To Other Electric Heaters
If you're wondering how RugBuddy stacks up against other types of plug in electric heaters, these charts reveal all.
Sizes and Prices
We aim to keep these sizes in stock to suit most rugs.
- 0.5 x 1.0 m (50 x 100 cm, 20 x 39 inches) 80Watts £69
- 0.5 x 1.5 m (50 x 150 cm, 20 x 59 ins) 90Watts £87
- 0.5 x 2.0 m (50 x 200 cm, 20 x 79 ins) 120Watts £97
- 1.0 x 1.5 m (100 x 150 cm, 39 x 59 inches) 180Watts £109
- 1.0 x 2.0 m (100 x 200 cm, 39 x 79 inches) 250Watts £137
- 1.25 x 1.6 m (125 x 160 cm, 49 x 63 inches) 250Watts £137
- 1.3 x 2.2 m (130 x 220 cm, 51 x 87 inches) 350Watts £169
- 1.5 x 2.3 m (150 x 230 cm, 59 x 91 inches) 450Watts £199
- 1.77 x 2.51 m (177 x 251 cm, 70 x 99 inches) 600Watts £249
Make sure the underlay is the same size, or larger than your rug. The underlay is easy to trim with scissors to match your rug.
Guarantees and Delivery
You can try a RugBuddy risk free with the RugBuddy® 30 Day No-Quibble Guarantee.
If you want to return the RugBuddy, just let me know within 30 days. Send the RugBuddy back and I'll give you a full refund - no questions asked.
RugBuddy comes with a full 2 year manufacturer's guarantee against defects.
Delivery is by courier within 2 - 3 days (UK) and 3 - 5 days (mainland Europe). If possible please add details of a safe place to leave your package in case you are out when the driver calls.
Getting Ready for Your RugBuddy
RugBuddy is simple to use with no installation costs.
It’s an electric heater you just plug in to enjoy the warmth.
RugBuddy comes with a standard 3-pin UK moulded plug on 2.5m long power cord. (For a 2-pin Euro plug RugBuddy please go here.)
IMPORTANT - Electrical Safety
- Before using the RugBuddy, check the RCD circuit breakers on your electricity consumer unit are working correctly. Click here if you’re unsure whether you have fixed RCD protection
- Or add an RCD Safety Plug Adaptor to your order as you go through checkout (the RugBuddy Bundle includes this).
You need some sort of underlay, or rug pad, under the RugBuddy.
On carpet and other insulated floors, including most wood/ laminate/ tiled floors, all you need is standard anti-creep or anti-slip underlay.You may already have rug underlay. If not, add it to your order today or choose the special RugBuddy Bundle.
Occasionally, on really cold, un-insulated, floors, customers say they get best results by using an insulating underlay. We don't yet supply this type of underlay as it's not available in rug shaped pieces. Have a look at RugBuddy FAQs for where to source insulating underlay.
If you have a ‘floorboard and joist’ floor read this first.
The Global RugBuddy
RugBuddy® under rug electric heating is the result of over 25 years development of superior floor heating solutions by Klimax Manufacturing.
Already very popular in the US and South Africa, RugBuddy has now been developed for the UK and European markets and meets all safety standards.
Read UK RugBuddy Reviews here.
RugBuddy under rug heating is exclusively sold online in the UK and major territories in Europe by BeWarmer Ltd.
For a 2-pin Euro plug RugBuddy please go here.
- Extend the season you can use your conservatory
- Give additional warmth to the sitting area in your living room
- Make a poorly heated extension cosy and inviting
- Keep you warm in your home office when the central heating is off
- Give you the most welcoming hallway in the street!
"Had to Prise the Cat Off With a Crowbar"
That's one of the best customer comments we've had and is an example how all creatures appreciate warmth and comfort.
Living with a RugBuddy is easy. When you first get it all you need do is simply:
- Lift up your rug
- Unroll the RugBuddy on the floor on top of underlay (order separately)
- Lay the rug back down over it
- And plug in the RugBuddy
For best performance you must use an underlay or rug pad. You put the RugBuddy on top of the underlay so it’s always directly under the rug.
Within minutes you’ll feel gentle radiant heat from the surface of your rug, supplementing your primary source of heating.
Your rug is turned into the focal point of warmth in your room. Just the thing when there’s a chill in the air!
Radiant heat is the most comfortable way to heat your home as anyone with underfloor heating will tell you.
It’s economical too. You don’t have to have high air temperatures to feel comfortably warm with radiant heat. If you think of the warmth you feel moving from the shade into the sun on a crisp winter’s day, you’ll know what I mean!
With the RugBuddy electric heater you can comfortably turn down your central heating thermostat by up to 3 degrees saving fuel costs and cutting down on draughts.
The RugBuddy only costs a few pence per hour to run. For example, a typical 125 x 160cm size is 250 Watts and costs just 4p per hour. That’s 1/8th (12.5%) the cost of a running a fan heater!
- RugBuddy electric heater:
- Easy to use – simply plug in!
- Running costs typically 1/8th (12.5%) cost of fan heater*
- Warms within 15 minutes
- Safe, silent and healthy
- Maintenance free
- Complete with 2.5m power cord and 3 pin moulded plug. For a 2-pin Euro plug, please go here.
- Can be used with a plug in timer
- For a wide range of floor finishes including tiles/wood/laminate/carpet. Not yet approved on vinyl.
- Robust and suitable for placing under tables, desks, office chairs etc.
*Comparing 125 x 160cm RugBuddy with a 2kW fan heater
The Science Bit
RugBuddy under rug heating incorporates advanced electric underfloor heating technology. It’s so much more than an ‘electric blanket under your rug’ :
- Self regulating, multi stranded element with a full earth screen
- Insulated with 2 layers of Fluoropolymer coating, fully waterproof and corrosion resistant
- The heater element is very thin. You will not feel RugBuddy™ under the rug, only the warmth
- The heating core has self regulating properties, which means that it generates progressively less heat with increasing temperature. This is an important safety feature.
You can try a RugBuddy risk free with the RugBuddy 30 Day No-Quibble Explicit Guarantee. Your payment is secure with Barclays Secure Transactions. Delivery is is within 48 hours to most UK destinations.